This course provides an understanding for directors on the Moral, Legal, and Financial implications of Health and Safety practices and the Legal responsibilities of Directors
Who should attend:
The course is intended for Company Directors. Even if you are not directly responsible for health & safety in your company, in your role as a Company Director you have joint responsibility with your fellow directors under health and safety legislation.
At the end of the course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- The Moral, legal and financial costs and implications of decisions made at director level
- The legal responsibilities of directors
- The principles and importance of the risk assessment
- How to ensure competent Health and Safety assistance is acquired
- How to impose a positive Health and Safety Culture
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the Tutor for their individual participation.
Summative assessment is provided by a 30-minute, 25 multiple-choice examination
The Director’s Role for Health and Safety course is a 1-day programme (8 hours of training). Delegates must attend the required hours of training, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. There is no refresher course, delegates will be required to undertake the original course again.