This course covers 6 modules:
- Introduction to fire warden responsibilities
- Understanding Fires
- Fire Risk assessments
- Fire Safety Arrangements
- Personal Emergency evacuation plans
- General Emergency evacuation plans
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those who are currently or will be acting as a company Fire Marshal
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Their role as a fire warden and their legal duties.
- The different types of fires.
- How fires may start and spread in the workplace.
- The different types of fire extinguishers and their uses.
- How to carry out a fire risk assessment.
- Common causes of fires in the workplace.
- Control measures to minimise the risk of fire.
- Fire detection, fire warning, and fire equipment.
- Requirements for fire plans.
- What their specific role is during emergency evacuation procedures.
- How to create Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
- How to carry out fire drills.
Certification for this course does not hold an expiry date however it is recommended that delegates undergo a refresher course every three years.