If your work activities or your work environment propose a respiratory hazard the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and COSHH Regulations (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations) require Suitable and sufficient Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) be used.
Respiratory protective equipment must be able to provide adequate protection for individual wearers, and be “Suitable in every respect”. RPE will not protect the wearer if it does not fit properly. A major cause of leaks is poor fit or fitting. Tight facepieces need to be correctly fitted to the wearer’s face to be effective.
- Legislation – Introduction to The relevant legislation affecting Respiratory protective equipment
- practical demonstration on correct fitting procedures
- Practical examination of respiratory protective mask
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different types of respiratory protection
- Demonstrate and understating of the reason why face fit testing is required
- Be confident in which respiratory equipment provides you with suitable protection
Course Duration: 30 minutes per Delegate