- Legislation – Introduction to the Work at Height Regulations 2005, employer and employee duties and the hierarchy of control measures.
- Risk Assessments – what is a risk assessment? Identifying hazards, deciding who may be harmed, evaluating risks, recording findings, reviewing and updating.
- Reducing and Controlling the Risks – risk reduction, fragile surfaces, vehicles, training and emergency procedures.
- Work at Height Equipment – tower scaffolds, mobile elevating work platforms and ladders.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for those who work, plan, Supervise and manage work at height activities, including a place at or below ground level.
By the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe examples of common working at height tasks and understand the associated risks.
- Identify the factors that contribute to persons and objects falling from height.
- Describe the control measures to reduce the risk of falls from height.
- Understand the correct use of access equipment and safe methods of access to reduce or eliminate the risk of falls.
Course Duration: 2 Hours