Course Content: This course provides an understanding of Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental issues. It highlights legal responsibilities and the need to promote Health and Safety to supervise effectively. This course will identify how Health and Safety law is structured, the role of supervisors, the requirements for carrying out risk assessments and the necessity for method statements.
Who should attend: This course is designed for those considering, or already have supervisory responsibilities.
At the end of the course, you will have an understanding of:
- Health and Safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practise is identified
Course Duration: The course lasts two days, 9:00 am – 5 pm daily. The course can be delivered as two consecutive days or one day a week over a two week period.
Delegates are assessed throughout the course by the Tutor, and via the syndicate exercises and individual participation.
Summative assessment is provided by a 30-minute, 25 multiple-choice examination.
Valid for: Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified, you will be required to pass a refresher course before the expiry date on your current certificate, if the expiry date is exceeded the full course will need to be retaken.